Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Consider yourself one of the family...

So sang my childhood idol, Jack Wild, in his Oscar-nominated performance as The Artful Dodger, in the 1968 movie musical 'OLIVER!' (which also won Best Picture of the Year for a million good reasons).



And anyone here who enjoys Halloween is certainly one of the family! 



I always enjoy a little late night snack...

Plus I wanted to blog about this new venture I have here. I created "MacabreWebs" as the real outlet for my artwork. 

It seems that I'd relegated my older main blog ("The Quirk Shop") as a sort of all-purpose one, with my life events, pets, photos, etc. and it just sort of lost focus on what I'd initially created it for: that of featuring my hand-made art.


That said, I also have an Etsy shop in the works. Just ironing out the particulars such as getting a small business account to accept payments and all that jazz. Once that is done, I'll post a live link badge here touting it. Heck, I even have MacabreWebs business cards being delivered! How much more official can I get, I ask you?



At the end of October, if all goes well, I'll be sharing booth space in downtown Franklin for the annual 'Pumpkinfest' with my friend Tanya Coffinberry of "Evil Pumpkins" fame, selling our spookalicious goods for the Halloween crowd. 



So that's about it for now! Very excited and ready to get busy craftin' here!!! You never know what will pop up from my feverish little brain...




In the meantime, check out Tanya's Etsy shop. I have a couple of her creations and love them. 

Deadite necklace. Isn't he charming?


She and her husband Jeano (lead guitarist for Nashville horror punk rock group, The Creeping Cruds) are phenomenal artists! They create scary, funny little characters called "The Deadites" which, like the Evil Pumpkins, are all made with a tiny pinch of the dirt from the "EVIL DEAD" cabin (remember that classic horror movie?). 




Evil Pumpkins on Etsy



No comments:

Post a Comment