Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Open Hearted Offerings (an original sculpture) plus some great news!

It felt so good to be back home again, working in my studio! 
While it was nice having a two-week break as we were on our little road trip, I missed being creative, and once home, finished up this latest  delight, ha ha. 
I call it, "Open-Hearted Offerings." The heart is an original polymer clay sculpture, sutured with heavy nylon thread. An old baby doll head was painted and crackled, with lacy collar and tiny bow tie with a polymer clay micro-skull at its center.
 
The doll's eyes feature one of my fun trademarks - they glow in the dark! My husband says this is a very creepy piece. I think it's rather cute myself, in a sort of horrorific way.

Okay. So my good news spilleth over: I'm going to be part of a big, first-of-its-kind art show here in Nashville! It is the brainchild of myself and a good friend, another artist who also creates horror-themed pieces. I'll post fully about it in the weeks to come. I am so excited about it! 




No comments:

Post a Comment