Monday, July 17, 2017

RIP: Martin Landau and George Romero

Very sad news from the entertainment world...


Martin Landau as Bela Lugosi in "Ed Wood" .... PULL THE STRINGS!

This was one of my favorite movies, mostly because I absolutely loved Landau's stellar, pathos-driven performance as the old horror movie icon who was befriended by B-movie director Ed Wood in his twilight years. I often said that he "out-Lugosied Lugosi" and deservedly won the Oscar that year for his portrayal of Bela as he declined both in his career and health.
June 20 1928 - July 15 2017


George Romero's "Night of the Living Dead" scared the hell out of me when I was 9 years old, seeing this movie for the first time... I remember having to sleep with the light on for a month afterward, as I was convinced that every shadow I saw had to be a zombie lurching down the hallway toward my room. EEEK! Romero's subsequent zombie flicks solidified his status as one of the kings of the horror genre.  
February 4 1940 - July 16 2017 

George Romero, surrounded by his zombie horde! 



No comments:

Post a Comment