Friday, February 21, 2020

How does this grab you?


Reach out and grab ahold!
Monsters & Merriment returns this autumn!

Where have I been, you ask?
No, I've not been goofing off since the beginning of the new year!


My absence here online simply means that I've been pretty darn busy, working on a multitude of things, including several school classes that take up most of my days each week. Yes, indeed, at my ancient age, it's a good thing to keep cramming new info into the ol' brain. How does that expression go? - "Use it or lose it!" The truth, for sure!

I've even joined a super cool and very fun belly dancing class. 
Boom shaka laka! 
Oh if only my achy lower back would cooperate a little better, ha ha.

Mostly though, I've been working on this year's Monsters & Merriment show.

Can't let out any secrets just yet, but the above logo will figure into it. Very excited because we have a really amazing new venue. It was quite sad that last year, we lost our old one - Fontanel - as it was sold to new owners, who have since closed the property down for the next few years while they re-do it. I have no idea what exactly it will turn into, but I wish them good luck. The years we spent there were wonderful, full of nothing but sweet, happy memories, and I'm incredibly thankful to them for hosting us.

So, in the meantime, between classes, putting the show together and creating new art, I'm glad to see that 2020 will remain very full and exciting for me.

Oh yeah... and I just turned 60 this February, too. Holy smokes, what a milestone, which is another big reason why I'm wanting to stay as busy as possible and learn new things. Either that, or sit like a bump on a log, and gather dust and cob webs (yeah, I know, it would go perfectly with my decor).

Ok, kiddies. Back to the salt mines I go. Catch up with ya soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment